Welcome to the Human Resources Department
"People costs" amount to about 75% of our school budgets, which means that people are any school district's most important and expensive asset. The Human Resources Department is responsible for making sure we have the right people in the right places to ensure all our students get a quality education. Human Resources works with SAU 29 staff from the time they think about applying for a position in one of the SAU 29 schools until long after they retire.
Here are some of the ways the Human Resources Department works with people:
- We help people navigate the application process, set up interviews, and either tell them they are not going to get a job or that they have been hired.
- We help new staff through the fingerprinting, physical, W-4, and I-9 process, determine their salaries and get them set up to be paid.
- We explain benefits options and help new staff enroll in the programs that best suit their needs.
- We work with people as they go through good times such as the birth of a child, a new degree or professional recognition, and through the bad times such as the death of a loved one, a disability, or a divorce.
- We help them understand the ins and outs of their contracts and employee benefits plans and help them deal with performance and other on the job problems.
- We help principals adhere to the numerous and often confusing employment laws and help them get the best from their staff.
- We help people figure out if they can afford to retire and help walk them through the complex maze of New Hampshire Retirement system, Social Security and Medicare.
- We are also there to help our retired staff with pension and benefits issues long after they cease to become SAU 29 employees.
If you have any questions please feel free to call (603-357-9007) or email us: